The terms "OSIF," "us," "our" or "we" refer to the Ohio State Innovation Foundation. The terms "you" and "your" refer to a consumer user or viewer of our websites.
- What information do we collect online and how is it used?
- What information is collected directly by third parties?
- What information do we share with third parties?
- What choices do you have over how your information is used?
- What is our policy regarding children?
- How can you update your personal information?
- How do we protect your information?
- Where should you direct your questions or concerns?
What information do we collect online and how is it used?
We may ask you to provide personal information through our Websites. For example, when you:
- create an account;
- subscribe to receive our email or other communications; or
- contact us for other information.
Types of personal information collected or provided may include your name, address, email address, home, work and mobile telephone number, as well as other information you chose to provide which can identify you personally.
Once we receive personal information through our Websites, we use it for such things as:
- processing orders and requests;
- improving and developing our products, services and Websites;
- communicating with you regarding promotional offers, new products, and other information that we think may be interesting to you;
- analyzing your activity with us, including interaction with our Websites and your purchases;
- personalizing our communications to you; or
- responding to your inquiries.
Information Observed or Collected Through Technology.
What Type of Technologies Are Used?
We and our third party service providers use technology to automatically observe and collect information whenever you interact with our Websites. The following describe some of the types of technology OSIF may use to better understand your use of our Websites:
- Navigational Information. We collect navigational information such as browser type and version; the service provider used to access our Websites; whether visitors arrived through a link for our Websites; and for visitors using a mobile version of our Websites, technical information about the device used, such as screen size, cookie support by the device and how images may appear.
- Cookies. Cookies assign a unique identification to your computer and are typically stored on your computer's hard drive by your web browser.
How Do We Use Information Gathered Through Technology?
Information gathered through technology allows us to determine such things as which parts of our Websites are most visited or used, what products are browsed and/or purchased, the effectiveness of our Websites, and difficulties visitors may experience in accessing our Websites. Cookies are also used to keep track of items you put into your shopping cart, and to tell us whether you have visited our Websites in the past. OSIF may also associate information gathered through technology with your personal information, and use it as described above.Back to top
What information is collected directly by third parties?
What information do we share with third parties?
We will share your personal information with The Ohio State University ("OSU"), and we may share your personal information with any of our or OSU's affiliated entities.
We may share your personal information with third party service providers that assist us in such things as: developing and administering our Websites; conducting surveys; sending and administering emails; performing marketing services; or other similar services.
If we are involved in a corporate reorganization or other change of control, or we form an affiliated entity, some or all of the personal information collected about you could be shared with this entity, and it may also be retained by us.
We will not otherwise share, sell, or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so or based on our good faith belief that it is necessary to conform or comply with the law or is necessary to protect the users of our Websites, the Websites or the public.
Nothing in this policy restricts our ability to share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.Back to top
What choices do you have over how your information is used?
Marketing Email: You may elect to no longer receive marketing emails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions in the next marketing email you receive. Please be aware, however, even if you opt out of marketing emails, you may still receive emails related to your transactions, such as order confirmations.Back to top
What is our policy regarding children?
Our Websites are directed to adults and are not directed to children under the age of 13. OSIF does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13.Back to top
How can you update your personal information?
If you have created an online account, you can update the personal information connected to the account by accessing the "My Account" section of this website. If you believe that any other information we have collected about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can contact us at email@example.com or 614/292-1315 letting us know the correct information.Back to top
How do we protect your information?
Where should you direct your questions or concerns?
This document was last revised on June 24, 2014.